on the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Chapter 1. General Provisions
- This Regulation defines the status, tasks, functions, rights and responsibilities, as well as the organization of activities of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry).
- The Ministry is a public administration body responsible for the development and implementation of state policy in health care, normative and legal regulation in the field of health care, insurance medicine, circulation of medicines and medical products, sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population, medical examinations, organization of medical and pharmaceutical education.
- The Ministry in its activities is subordinate and accountable to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan, territorial health administration bodies, their subdivisions in cities and regions constitute a unified system of health administration bodies of the republic.
- In its activities, the Ministry is guided by the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, resolutions of the chambers of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decrees, resolutions and orders of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, resolutions and orders of the Cabinet of Ministers, as well as these Regulations and other legislative acts.
- The Ministry carries out its activities in cooperation with state and economic administrative bodies, law enforcement agencies, local state authorities, non-governmental non-profit, foreign, international and other organizations.
- The decisions of the Ministry, taken within the limits of its authority, are binding on the state and economic administration bodies, local executive authorities, other organizations and their officials, as well as on citizens
- The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, health departments of the regions and the Main Department of Health of the city of Tashkent are subordinate to the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan and, accordingly, the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, governors of regions and the city of Tashkent.
- The Ministry is a legal entity, has a seal and letterheads depicting the State Emblem of the Republic of Uzbekistan and its name in the state language, bank accounts, including those in foreign currency, and treasury personal accounts with the Treasury of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- The Ministry is located at (postal address): City Tashkent, Shaikhantour district, street. Navoi, 12.
Chapter 2. The main tasks and functions of the Ministry
- The main tasks of the Ministry are:
implementation of a unified state policy in the field of public health protection, aimed at increasing the role and responsibility of the heads of the bodies and organizations of the Ministry in ensuring full and timely provision of medical services to the population, including in the volumes guaranteed by the state;
ensuring the priority of maintaining public health, motivating the population to maintain a healthy lifestyle, improving the culture and medical literacy of the population, first of all, in fostering a sense of responsibility for their own health and for the health of others;
Creation of favorable conditions for the birth and upbringing of a healthy generation, in order to improve the gene pool of the nation, improving the family medical culture, quality and life expectancy, development of the main directions of state policy in the field of health protection and sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population;
expanding the volume of medical care provided to rural residents directly in primary health care organizations, with the organization of practical assistance in building a system of specialized services at the district level for the main, frequently occurring types of diseases;
increasing the level of accessibility and efficiency of primary, emergency, emergency and specialized medical care provided to the population both by bringing medical care closer to the population served, and through the widespread introduction of information technologies, telemedicine, clinical treatment protocols and the transfer of experience from leading foreign and domestic specialists to medical staff of regional medical institutions;
implementation of measures for state regulation of drug circulation, implementation of standardization and certification of medicines, medical devices and medical equipment, as well as equipment permitted for use on the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
improving targeted social protection of lonely elderly citizens, pensioners, disabled people, increasing the level and quality of medical and social assistance provided to them by organizing their treatment, systemic recovery, expanding preventive measures, coverage and availability of modern treatment methods;
developing a strategy and forecasting the development of medical science based on a combination of domestic experience and the best world achievements, increasing the efficiency of scientific medical research, introducing the achievements of science, technology and advanced experience into healthcare practice, developing a system of higher and secondary medical education;
introduction of modern, internationally approved methods of managing the health care system, providing a unified organizational and methodological guidance and quality control of medical services provided in the health care system.
prevention, prevention and detection of cases of illegal spending and embezzlement of budget funds
(Clause 11 is supplemented by a paragraph by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated December 30, 2017 No. 1039 - National database of legislation, 05.01.2018, No. 09/18/1039/0509)